2nd of May, 2011; I finished reading this book. It was about an old man, taking this young man around to meet up with some old friends. Lots of values one can learn from this fable.
From my understanding, individual success is built from within of one self.
What I am writing today, is more about what I scribbled, after reading this book. I wrote, LWT, Leader Without a Title. Below is what I wrote on that day….
Seven Fundamentals Of Personal Leadership.
1) Learning or experience from others. Vast and variety of topics. Reading, listening, watching etc.
2) Affirmations – repetition of positive statements and reinforcement. Important to have a general description of our self. Example : I am a smart, passionate and powerful person!
3) Visualization – all begin with pictures in the mind. Have time to visualize all that we want in our life with precise details; using all our senses, vividly in our mind.
4) Journal our insights, feelings, hope and dreams. Always express gratitude, and remind our self of all the wonderful things already bestowed upon us.
5) Goal setting. Setting and remembering our goals as often as possible, especially our one year goals. A goal, is our guide, to know where our life direction is moving to. Live life the way we want it!
6) Exercise – do some form of exercise, daily. Keep healthy.
7) Nutrition – Eat what is good for you. Eat less of just enough.
All this come with a tag line: “Do it just enough for yourself”.
Note: What is “just enough”? Only you know, depending of your sex, marital status, age, race, religion, location etc. How do you know, when it is too much? Usually when you start feeling negative physically or emotionally.
I cannot recall, why I wrote this after reading the book. This scribble, is more of combination from the “Law of attraction”, “Mind Power” and “NLP”. The three books (or school of thoughts) that intrigues me to propel myself to learn more about our mind…..